Savings at Disney World in Orlando
These tips for savings at Disney World in Orlando are inspired by Beth Haworth a former Disney Cast Member and a best-selling travel writer. Here they are:
1. Free shuttle. Many of the shuttles from the airport to the park cost around a hundred dollars. And then if you take a taxi from the hotel to the park it could cost around thirty dollars each time. If you are staying on a Disney property, you can use the Magical Express shuttle for free. This is your first tip for savings at disney world in Orlando: use the free shuttle.
2. Don´t buy the tickets at the gate. You can get save up to twenty dollars off or get an extra day by buying in advance from an authorized discount reseller. Just make sure that when you look at the disney world florida ticket prices offered you check for the total cost including taxes and any handling fees so that there are no surprises. As long as you pay attention to this you should be able to get cheap tickets to disney world florida. So there you have your second tip for savings at disney world in Orlando: buy your tickets somehwere other than the gate.
3. Eating out can be expensive. You can save around 30 % or more with the Magic Your Way Dining Plan. If you are staying at Disney resort you can buy this package and save quite a bit. With the package you buy you get one table service meal, one counter service meal and one snack for each night of your stay. This third tip is key for savings at disney world in Orlando: eating out at the wrong places adds up.
4. Shop before you get there. A t-shirt can cost thirty dollars. Go to discount outlets in the Orlando area. If you want to save don´t buy souvenirs at the park. You can get them in other shops outside of Disney for 10 – 75 % off. Buying things at up to 75% off is a great way to achieve savings at disney world in Orlando.
What else can you do to get savings at disney world in orlando?
5. Save time by avoiding long lines. When given the choice you should use the left lane. This one typically moves faster. I am not sure why this is the case but according to Beth who was a former cast member this tends to be true. Take advantage of the Fast Pass. It could save you forty five minutes. You place your ticket in a fast pass station and it tells you what time to come back. When you return you step in a very short line.
6. Be prepared for rain. It does rain from time to time at Disney world in orlando, florida. Bring your own poncho so that you don´t have to buy one when you are there.
7. Consider buying a Disney photo pass CD. It costs $125 but you have park photographers that take as many pictures of you as you want throughout the whole park and they will put it on a CD. You can then print as many copies as you want. You own the copyright of these pictures.
8. Annual Pass. Did you know you can get an annual pass for Disney? If you are considering going several times consider an annual pass. There is a regular annual pass which includes unlimited visits to the following disney world florida theme parks: Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom for 365 days a year. You also get free parking. The Premium annual Pass includes all of these plus Blizzard Beach Water Park, Typhoon Lagoon Water park, Disney Quest, Disney´s Oak Trail golf course and ESPN Wide World Sports Complex. You get free parking with either of these annual passes.
So there you have eight things you can do to obtain great savings at Disney World in Orlando.